Eat Foods High in Omega 3...
But What is Omega 3?
high in Omega 3 are both delicious and easy to find. Using Omega 3
sources, whether from diet or supplements, may significantly improve
high in Omega 3 may be a recent nutritional buzzword. There is good
reason for this. While Omega 3 is an essential fatty acid and is
obviously very good for you, knowing exactly what is Omega 3 may get
you craving some of the foods containing it.
3 is an essential fatty acid needed by the body, but the body cannot
manufacture its own. It is a “good fat.” Omega 3 is different from both
Omega 6 and Omega 9 fatty acids.
What is Omega 3 Good For?
The wellness benefits of Omega 3 are rich and varied. Diets rich in
Omega 3 has been shown to positively affect various aspects of your
health. Although Omega 3 is usually linked to good heart health, heart
benefits may be just the start of the many health benefits of Omega 3.
the University of Maryland Medical Center,
foods hign in Omega 3 (including Omega 3 suppleemnts) may be useful in
both treating and preventing a variety of health concerns. The list
- Lowers cholesterol
- Lowers blood pressure
- Protects against strokes
- Benefits diabetics
- Reduces joint tenderness in persons with arthritis
- Reduces amount of arthritis medicine
- Soothes pain associated with irritable bowel syndrome
- Improves bone strength and density
- Enhances calcium deposits into bones
- Promotes wound healing
- Protects skin from harmful UV rays
- May help prevent acne
- Reduces the symptoms of Crohn’s Disease
- Improves lung function in adults with asthma
- Reduces risk of macular degeneration
- Decreases menstrual problems including hot flashes, PMS and pain
- Decreases the risk of certain cancers including colon, breast and prostrate
- Protects against infections
- May help to treat autism
- Soothes ulcers
- Helps migraine headaches
- Protects against Lyme Disease
- Helps pregnant women carry babies full term
- May help prevent glaucoma
- Helps treat multiple sclerosis
- Can correct irregular heart beats
- Possibly much more...
Does Omega 3 Help Depression?Omega
3 for depression may be one of the many benefits of Omega 3. The Omega
3 fatty acids are important in the cell membranes of nerve cells and
the phosolipids that compose most of the brain cells. A diet rich in
Omega 3 fatty acids may help to improve the health of brain cells by
enhancing nerve cell communication.
is a common mental illness with many different causes such as genetics,
drug use including some prescription drugs, alcohol and the
individual’s environment. However, supplementing your diet with Omega 3
may help alleviate some of the symptoms of depression. A table complied
by the Psych Education organization shows the outcomes of several studies of Omega 3 and
depression. Although Omega 3 supplements are probably not the sole
treatment of depression, they may help in some cases.
What Foods Contain Omega 3 Oil?
Here is a list of foods high in Omega 3. Reading this list is only the
start of your good health. Take this list grocery shopping or put it in
your kitchen to remind you to eat foods containing Omega 3 every day.
Eat foods high in Omega 3 raw or very minimally processed.
If you are looking for an excellent Omega 3 supplement to ensure that
you are getting all of these benefits, here are my personal top two
- This product contains over 100 different antioxidants. It is also an Omega 3 and 6 supplement.
Essential Living Oils
- This balanced blend of EFAs is a superior supplement of Omega 3, 6 and 9. These plant-derived oils are perfect for vegans too.
Go From Foods High in Omega 3 to List of Low Cholesterol Foods
Go From FOods High in Omega 3 to HOME of Wellness With Natural Health Supplements