Learn the Reasons for High Blood Pressure
Being aware of the reasons for high
blood pressure will better help you to know how to prevent
hypertension, commonly known as high blood pressure.
Blood pressure is the force of blood pushing against the walls of your
arteries. An ideal blood pressure reading is 120/80. Anything reading
higher than this is considered high and is also referred to as
hypertension. High blood pressure is not good because you're making
your heart work harder and this leads to other health problems,
ultimately leading to heart failure. Learning the reasons for high
blood pressure will help you to protect your hard working heart and
your overall health.
reasons for high blood pressure falls neatly into two categories: Those
that cannot be changed or controlled and those that can. The good news
is that even if you cannot change some of the risk factors for high
blood pressure, you can lower your blood pressure naturally.
Some factors you cannot change:
- Your Family
– If your family history has the recurring theme of high blood
pressure, you may very well be at risk. This is sometimes referred to
as genetic hypertension.
- Your Race– There is a higher occurrence of hypertension in African-Americans than in most other races.
- Your Age- People over age 35 are more likely to have high blood pressure.
- Pregnancy– If you are a pregnant woman, you're more likely to have high blood pressure. Your risk will decrease after your baby is born.
- Environmental Stress– Sometimes you cannot change a stressful environment.
Some factors you can change:
- Sedentary Lifestyle - If you have an inactive lifestyle and do not exercise regularly, you are at risk for high blood pressure.
- Smoking – Cigarette smoking is associated with elevated blood pressure.
- Birth Control Pills – These hormones may elevate your blood pressure.
- Excessive Alcohol Use/Abuse – More than two drinks a day is associated with high blood pressure.
- Overweight or Obese – Your heart has to work harder to pump your blood, therefore increasing your blood pressure when you are overweight.
- Eating Foods High in Salt and/or Sugar – A diet of unhealthy foods, especially those high in sodium, will increase your blood pressure.
reasons for high blood pressure that you cannot change will help you to
understand why you are at risk for high blood pressure. The reasons
that you CAN change will give you a good start as to not only
understand why you have high blood pressure, but will also help you to
make some healthy changes in your daily lifestyle, food choices and
exercise. To help you get started, check out natural ways to lower blood pressure.
Go From Reasons for High Blood Pressure to Foods that Lower Blood Pressure
Go to HOME of Wellness With Natural Health Supplements