The fact that a small amount of fluoride is in our drinking water is neither a worry nor a health concern. What is a major health issue is the added synthetic fluoride in our drinking water.
Synthetic fluoride is actually a waste by-product of industrial manufacturing and is very poisonous. Since it is such a dangerous waster product, to dispose of it properly and safely is extremely expensive. A cheap and quick way to dispose of this toxic waste is to dump it into our water supply and promote its health benefits.
The only benefits of adding it to the public water supply are to the industrial waste companies—it is a cheap and easy way to dispose of toxic waste.
Here are a few of the many dangers of fluoride:
- Fluoride is the active ingredient in many pesticides and rodenticides— rat poison!
- There is enough fluoride present in an average tube of toothpaste to kill a child under 9 years old (That is why there are warnings on the tube of toothpaste).
- Excessive exposure causes a painful, arthritic-like bone disease called skeletal fluorosis.
- Fluoride damages the brain and causes lower IQ in children.
- Fluoride can cause gastrointestinal distress such as nausea, abdominal pain and vomiting.
- Fluoride supplementation is no longer recommended for infants.
- Fluoride may cause reproductive problems both men and women.
- Fluoride harms every major
organ system in the body.
For more information about the dangers of fluoride see the Fluoride Action Network: Fluoride Health Effects
Here are two videos:
Cary Harrison gives some alarming facts about water fluoridation.
If you want the quick answer, only
effectively reduces the fluoride added to our water.
Aquasana has generously offered
the readers of this website
20% off of their orders. So follow the link above for both better water
and healthy savings.